DOWNLOAD ENTRY FORM – LCA Entry Form
Dingwall Motor Auctions represents a very efficient means of converting your used vehicle into cash. At each of our weekly sales, cars and light commercial vehicles are offered for sale to an audience of up to Hundreds of people, ALL POTENTIAL BUYERS. If you are selling your car at auction for the first time, it is worth considering the following points:
1) Make every effort to present your car in the best possible way. Ensure that it is cleaned and polished inside and out . Write clearly on the entry form giving all the vehicle details.
REMEMBER – a misleading description may make the owner liable to prosecution under the various Trading Standards Laws and you will be charged commission in the event of a cancelled sale.
2) Include all relevant documentation i.e. the REGISTRATION DOCUMENT / V5 (with appropriate sections completed and signed), M.O.T. TEST CERTIFICATE and any SERVICE HISTORY.
3) Bring your Car or Van to the Auction hall as Early as possible on the day of the sale or, preferably, the day before.
4) Our experienced staff and professional auctioneers will be pleased to assist in providing a valuation and advise a suitable reserve price to ensure the best chance of a sale.
Note: Valuations will not be given over the telephone.
5) Reserve Price. Vehicles over 9 years old or with no M.O.T. must be entered without reserve and will be sold to the highest bidder. In exceptional circumstances a vehicle may be accepted with a reserve price if a valuation has previously been agreed with the auctioneer.
6) Charges. An entry fee is charged each time your vehicle is entered in a sale. When it is successfully sold a commission being a percentage of the sale price (subject to a MINIMUM) as displayed by notices in the auction offices will be deducted from the sale proceeds together with a service charge. All our charges are plus VAT.
In the event a sale is cancelled due to your misrepresentation of the description lost sales charges will be payable by the seller.
7) Unsold vehicles will automatically be entered into the next sale unless they are removed from our premises.
8) Payment. When your vehicle is sold, a remittance advice (a/c payee only) will be posted, by FIRST CLASS MAIL, One Week after the Sale. Please ensure that your FULL NAME, ADDRESS and POST CODE are PRINTED clearly on the Entry Form to avoid DELAYS.
9) Outstanding Hire Purchase. We are able to settle finance agreements provided that the net sale proceeds are sufficient to clear the outstanding balance. A nominal charge is made for this service. Please note that it is a criminal offense to sell a vehicle without clearing outstanding finance and we check all vehicles sold with a hire purchase information register at the time of the sale. This register will disclose if any finance house has an interest, if it is recorded with the police as stolen, If it has been the subject of a total loss insurance claim or a had a change of Registration number.
10) We are members of the SOCIETY of MOTOR AUCTIONS and operate in accordance with their strict: Code of Practice and SMA Customer Charter.